As family and personal schedules become more and more hectic, products that minimize maintenance around the home are highly prized. Aluminum may be a less familiar choice for shutters, but they are an innovative and excellent selection for home interiors and exteriors. Highly durable, aluminum shutters are also low-maintenance and extremely straightforward to clean. Low maintenance provides for great living, but importantly, aluminum adds a unique design feature to living spaces.
“…aluminum adds much more textural quality and visual interest.
…aluminum will give it a fresh, unique, almost contemporary appeal.”
Shawn Gauthier, “A Periodic Table of Design Elements”, Houzz.com
Aluminum shutters can make an impact:
The benefits of aluminum shutters for everyday living are:
- Low maintenance aluminum surface
- Excellent durability in inclement weather
- Easy to operate for ventilation and airflow
- Streamlined, elegant appearance.
In addition, aluminum shutters are perfect for extending the luxurious look of shutters into wet areas and any other high use rooms in the home, such as:
- Outdoor Kitchens
- High-use areas
Consider the benefits and design feature of Weatherwell aluminum shutters in these rooms:
KITCHENS – INDOOR AND OUTDOOR
Aluminum shutters resist warping, fading, cracking and peeling and are an ideal product in high-use areas, giving the perfect combination of style and durability.
You can put aside consumer fears of warpage from extended contact with water. Aluminum shutters give durability in any bathroom whilst complimenting the rest of homes’ style.
Kids can play rough so aluminum shutters are a great choice for playrooms, which need to stand up to significant wear and tear. Aluminum shutters give the ultimate strength and longevity so you don’t have to worry about breakage.
Simple steps for cleaning and maintaining aluminum shutters:
- A damp cloth is all that is required for easy cleaning.
- Featuring stainless steel hardware, aluminum shutters can be cleaned with a nonabrasive cloth or sponge and warm soapy water.
- Open the louvers with the tilt rod or the middle louver to wipe blades over.
- No other maintenance is required.
Here are 3 other benefits of Weatherwell aluminum shutters:
- Their streamlined appearance adds to the alfresco space.
- Flexible blade control enables excellent airflow and ventilation to enjoy cooling breezes.
- Provision of low-maintenance weather protection, style and security.
Evolution of aluminum in home interiors:
For years, aluminum shutters have been the favorite of commercial and high-end architects around the world. Now, aluminum shutters are being increasingly featured in a domestic context in many residential homes. Aside from the significant benefit of ease of maintenance, aluminum shutters can be used in homes in a number of ingenious ways. In addition to their low maintenance appeal, aluminum shutters provide excellent flexibility for creating and modifying interior home spaces.
You can use Weatherwell aluminum shutters to:
- Enclose a balcony
- Create an outdoor room
- Add security screens for weather or protection
- Give strength in high traffic areas with kids or pets
To find out more about Weatherwell Aluminum shutters click here: Weatherwell
To see our design gallery of Aluminum shutters click here: Aluminum Gallery